Career-Related Class Assignments
Below you will find a variety of sample assignment topics that can be used for career research papers, extra credit and special projects.
**Faculty members who are considering requiring students to meet with a Career Advisor as part of a class assignment, are asked to first coordinate the assignment with Career Development Services to ensure staff availability. We recommend faculty first offer an in-class CDS presentation on the assignment topic prior to any required career advising appointments as this allows for a more in-depth advising session.
Sample student assignments include:
- Take MyPlan's career assessments (see our "Career/Major Explorers for links and instructions)
- Conduct Career Exploration/Research on a Specific Major
- Conduct an Informational Interview for a Specific Career
- Conduct an Internship or Employment Search
- Research Employment Trends in a particular Industry
Questions? Contact Career Development Services at (352) 323-3603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.