Request a Career-Related Presentation
Career Development Services has developed a variety of career-related presentations and resources available to assist LSSC students in their career development. We invite faculty and staff to consider having CDS present to your class, organization or department on a variety of career and transfer topics.
A 2-week lead time is requested on all standard presentation requests, and 3-week lead time is requested for custom presentation requests. Presentations are scheduled on a first come first served basis. We will make every effort to accommodate your request based on our staff availability
Presentation Topics include:
- Overview of Career Development Services and Resources
- Career and Major Exploration- w/MyPlan Tutorial-Presentation Only (45 min)
- Career and Major Exploration- w/MyPlan Tutorial and Class Exercise (60 min) *Computer Lab required
- Writing a Winning Resume- w/CCN Resume Builder tutorial (45 min)
- Resume and Cover Letter Basics- w/CCN Resume Builder tutorial (60 min)
- Acing the Interview (45 min)
- Conducting a Successful Job Search-w/CCN Tutorial (60 min)
- Creating an Online Portfolio on College Central Network (45 min)
- First Impressions & Professional Networking (45 min)
- Professional Etiquette (45 min)
- Employability Skills: Building the Skills Employers Seek (45 min)
- Mastering the Salary Negotiation Process (45 min)
- Custom Presentation: "What can I do with a major in...?" (60 min)
- Custom Presentation: Other Career-Related Topic- Please enter details in comment box (time varies)
*All presentations require PowerPoint presentation capabilities. Room and equipment reservation is the responsibility of the presentation requestor.
Questions? Contact Career Development Services at (352) 323-3603 or email@example.com.