1. Employers or Recruiters wishing to conduct On-Campus Recruiting Events (including, but not limited to, recruiting tables, seminar events, career fair events, and on-campus interviews) must contact Career Development Services for permission and to schedule an appropriate date, time and location. These should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the desired date to allow sufficient time to market the events to potential candidates and make logistical arrangements.
2. Employers or Recruiters requiring up-front costs, paycheck deductions, etc. as a term for employment or employment consideration will NOT be scheduled for any on-campus recruiting event nor will job listings for this type of position be considered for posting on our online recruiting portal. This includes, but is not limited to positions requiring fees for: membership, startup, training, licenses, lessons, portfolios or placement, or the purchase of: tools, equipment, samples, or sales kits.
3. On-campus recruiting events cannot be combined with the marketing and/or sale of products or services to students.
4. Employers scheduled for On-Campus Recruiting Tables must restrict all activities to the immediate vicinity of the table.
5. Employers or Recruiters will park in designated Visitor Parking areas.
6. The college retains the right to demand recruiters vacate college property if they fail to comply with any of the policies or procedures outlined in this document or any other reasonable request from a college official.
7. Career Development Services maintains an online recruitment portal via College Central Network, for the posting of employment opportunities submitted by employers who have met the criteria set forth by Lake-Sumter Community College.
a) All Employers desiring to post jobs, internships and service opportunties with Career Development Services must comply with both Lake-Sumter Community College’s and the federal guidelines for equal employment opportunities, along with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
b) No job postings, electronic or printed, will be accepted for employment related to working in an employer's home. This includes, but is not limited to, childcare, eldercare, housekeeping, and/or tutoring. These positions may be advertised through local newspapers, online listings such as Craigslist or community resources.
c) Job postings must include a company name, job title, job description and method of application (email or company website is strongly encouraged). Employer/ Recruiter contact information will be collected by College Central Network upon registration with our office, however, the employer/recruiter can select to keep their contact information private in the submittal of the job posting(s).
d) Third-party recruiters may only participate in on-campus recruiting or job posting if they disclose the client (company name) for whom the position is posted. This disclosure must be made to the Career Development Services staff, as well as to any potential applicants.
e) Career Development Services will post positions for a two-week period, unless the job posting specifies another date. The office retains the right to remove any job listing from College Central Network, without consulting or informing the employer who submitted the listing.
8. Posters and flyers advertising employment opportunities for students must be approved by Career Development Services prior to posting. Any employment notices or flyers posted or distributed on campus without approval will immediately be removed.
9. Career Development Services has the right to not allow on-campus recruitment or post any employer's position at their discretion.