This is a fully ONLINE course. Dr. Perez expects students to be computer proficient and to have consistent and reliable access to a computer with a high-speed (broadband: cable, DSL or satellite) connection and Microsoft Office 2010 installed. Earlier versions of Microsoft Office are unacceptable. The course syllabus and instructor contact information are accessible on Dr. Perez’s faculty website http://lssc.edu/faculty/alexander_m_perez/SitePages/Home.aspx 30 days before the course start date.
In preparation for your class:
1. From the LSSC homepage, locate and click on the “Blackboard” (Bb) link to connect to the Distance Learning (DL) page.
2. On the DL page, you will find links to faculty websites, a black Bb icon for your course sign on, and a Green Bb Orientation link.
3. Complete the Orientation.
4. To access this online course in Blackboard, log in from the LSSC webpage at www.lssc.edu (Bb Icon) on the afternoon of the first day of class.
5. Begin assignments immediately. NOTE: Assignments are DUE the FIRST DAY OF CLASS!
6. Any technical difficulties should FIRST be addressed to the "Help Desk" at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to cc Dr. Perez (email@example.com) in your email to the helpdesk.