The Angler is Lake-Sumter Community College's
student news source
Questions, comments, and freelance submissions are welcome and can be sent to email@example.com
The Angler (print version)
The Angler is published monthly during the fall and spring terms. Production is completed by The Angler student staff from reporting and photography through production to distribution.
The Angler (online version)
The Angler online is updated weekly during the fall and spring and allows the opportunity for reader feedback and comments.
Print copies are available in racks on each campus:
· Leesburg: Student Center, FA, LA, SS, Library, Learning Center, HSC, M, and S&M Buildings
· South Lake: Library, Hallway by bookstore/cafeteria, Bldg. 1&2, Student Lounge, Front Lobbies
· Sumter: Library & Lobby
The purpose of The Angler is the following:
1. To disseminate news of interest to Lake Sumter Community College with students comprising the primary target audience.
2. To provide a publication outlet for students in journalism courses (MMC 2100 & MMC 2944).
3. To serve as a hands-on teaching laboratory for the reporting and editorial staff of the newspaper.
Getting involved with The Angler...
· Writers/Photographers: students who would like to submit columns, features, and photos/cartoons for publication should email firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions will be considered, but publication is not guaranteed and is based on Editor review.
· Reporters: for those who would like to write on a regular basis for our online and print editions must enroll in MMC2100 for the fall or spring terms.
· Editorial Staff: students who have completed MMC 2100 may apply to be a part of our staff in the areas of editorial, graphic design, photography, and online. Editors receive a scholarship and can earn practicum credit.