Module 1: Defining the Information Need
Periodicals: MagazinesArticles published in magazines are written for a general audience using everyday language. Characteristics:
- Do not contain original research
- Can contain summaries of research, making it easier to read
- Have many pictures
- Use no special vocabulary without explanations
- Survive by selling ads to make money
- An online database that covers all topics, like Academic Search Complete, allows you to locate full-text magazine articles on specific topics. Full-text means you can read, download, or e-mail the entire article.