Traffic and Parking
For the safety of our students, faculty and staff we adhere to a strict parking and traffic guidelines and codes. All students, faculty and staff will be issued at no cost to them a sticker and it must be displayed in either the back glass or back bumper visible at all times for our Security Officers to see.
- Faculty and staff shall park in their assigned parking space. A valid parking decal is required at all times. Faculty/staff may park in student spaces when all fac/staff spaces are filled.
- Students shall park in their assigned parking spaces. Students may not park in any spaces designated for fac/staff, visitors or any space other than a student space. Students must display a valid student parking decal when parking on any LSCC campus. Student decals are renewable every two years with fall semester.
- Vehicles must be parked within the lines marking the parking spaces and tires parked against the wheel stops.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be backed into parking spaces.
- Parking in any of the following areas is prohibited:
- In a fire lane
- Within an intersection or crosswalk
- In front of a driveway or sidewalk
- On the grass, paths, or sidewalks
- In such a manner as to block or obstruct traffic.
- At any place where traffic control devices prohibit parking.
- In a reserved space/area. Faculty, staff and visitor spaces are reserved from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- NOTE: A lack of parking spaces near a building is not considered a valid reason for violating any parking regulation.
- Handicapped spaces, and those spaces specifically marked “RESERVED”, are reserved 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Every driver of a vehicle approaching a stop sign shall come to a complete stop before entering the crosswalk or, if there is no crosswalk, shall stop at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a clear view of approaching traffic, if any, and shall ensure it is safe to proceed prior to resuming movement.
- No person shall drive any vehicle upon the campus in a reckless or careless manner, or in willful or wanton disregard for the rights or safety of others, or without due caution or at a speed or in a manner such as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property. Violators will be referred to the appropriate law enforcement agency for action.
- No vehicle shall be parked continuously in one place for a period of 24 hours or more without prior notification/permission. Any vehicle parked in violation of this regulation may be removed from the campus and impounded and stored at the expense of the owner and/or operator.
For al the rules regulations and definitions please view our printable online guide (PDF document).