The mission of the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) is to promote a campus-wide commitment to excellence and culture of continuous improvement through the integration of assessment, grants, and research functions to ensure the institutional effectiveness of Lake-Sumter State College’s mission and strategic priorities.
The mission will be achieved through:
- Promoting the ideal that the process of planning and institutional effectiveness is not meant to be punitive or competitive, but is meant to support an on-going quest to provide the highest quality education for students.
- Providing leadership and coordination for the college’s institutional effectiveness activities.
- Providing leadership to the college’s strategic planning process.
- Providing a wide variety of information to the college community for use in decision making promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assisting academics and academic support areas in the assessment of operational and learning outcomes.
- Ensuring data integrity to confirm the validity and reliability of reports and analyses.
- Satisfying reporting requirements and requests of external agencies and organizations.
- Coordinating a comprehensive system of program and academic support review.
- Supporting the current and future needs of the college through the continuous pursuit and acquisition of local, state, federal, and private funds.
- Providing support for the maintenance of Southern Accreditation of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and regional program accreditation.
- Assisting faculty, staff and students researchers in meeting Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures to ensure the highest ethical and professional standards for the use of human subjects in scientific research.