The Road to Success
The New Directions Program at LSSC offers career planning, resume & cover letter preparation, interview practice, referral to community resources and limited financial assistance for qualified individuals. Assistance is also provided for persons who are re-entering the workforce after an extended absence. Your advisor will help to create an individualized training plan to help you get back into the workforce and on your feet. Services are free of charge and available to adults in transition, individuals changing careers, dislocated workers, displaced homemakers, and other interested parties.
The purpose of the Displaced Homemaker Program is to establish multipurpose service programs which will provide necessary training, services, and support for displaced homemakers so they may enjoy the independence and economic security vital to a productive life. New Directions is funded by the Florida Displaced Homemaker Trust Fund program administered by the Agency for Workforce Innovation (AWI).
Minimum Criteria to Qualify for the Program
- 35 years of age or older;
- Has worked in the home, providing unpaid household services for family members;
- Is not adequately employed, as define by the rule of the agency (AWI);
- Has had or would have, difficulty in securing adequate employment; and
- Has been dependent on the income of another family member, but is no longer supported by such income, or has been dependent on federal assistance.
New Directions Program Locations
LSSC Leesburg Campus Student Services Building Room 155
- Office Hours
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
- (Hours subject to change during school breaks and summer schedule)